Sunday, February 1, 2009

Tony Mac Mahon- Legendary Irish Button-Accordion Player



I noticed that many of my previous posts featured guitar or banjo players (maybe because that's my main instruments) so i decided to post something different today. This is the first album of Tony Mac Mahon, a famous button-accordion player from County Clare, Ireland. A true master of his instrument, deeply rooted in his tradition and in the same time very innovative and emotive player, he's reknowed for his playing of slow airs, as you will hear on this lp, but the lively tunes are wonderful as well.
Enjoy

2 comments:

Bernie Stocks said...

I haven't heard this for years! Thanks, Bernie

The Irate Pirate said...

yeah, this is magic stuff. I know an Irish tinker accordion-player who's every bit as odd as Tony.